Welcome to the Lockport Township Treasurer’s page. Mike Friesner is the Treasurer and my wife Beccy is my Deputy. You can contact us at 269-467-9616, and you can ask for either of us. If you leave a message we will respond as soon as possible.
Please be sure to speak slowly and clearly, leave your name, phone number and when you can be reached.
We work from our place of residence, therefore we do not list regular hours, no saturdays please, and by appointment on any of the other 6 days including sunday.
The Dates we will be in our Office at 20381 M86 Centreville (this address is NOT the Township Hall) to Collect 2019/2020 Taxes.
Available times for paying 2019 past due SUMMER and current 2019 WINTER TAXES without appointment, are:
- 9am to 5pm (monday) 12-30-2019
- 9am to 1pm (tuesday) 12-31-2019
- 9am to 5pm (friday) 2-14-2020, it is also the Last Day for Winter 2019 Taxes to be paid without penalty.
- 9am to 5pm (friday) 2-28-2020
- On or after March 2, 2020 all 2019 Summer and Winter Taxes become delinquent and are payable to the St. Joseph County Treasurer ONLY, with an Administration Fee of 4% (min. $1.00) and interest per month added until paid. Call 269-467-5525 for exact amount due.
All other times by appointment: (no saturdays please) Our Office is closed on all saturdays!
If you mail in your Taxes and want a receipt, other than your canceled check, you MUST supply a self-addressed stamped envelope with your payment.
Principal Resident Exemption Forms are also available at our office and at the Assessor’s Office.
Our mailing address is:
Mike Friesner, Treasurer
Centreville, MI 49032